(in reverse chronological order)
Current work – working in communications for a Victorian Government statutory body
- managing corporate communications as part of a wider communications team
- writing speeches, media releases, web copy
- liaison with external and internal stakeholders on sensitive issues
- working in a very politically sensitive environment to deliver positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable Victorians
Here, I managed publications, internal communications and both managed and produced graphic design for the state government body responsible for reducing gambling harm.
- delivering an award-winning annual report on time and under budget (2014 Australasian Reporting Awards, Bronze)
- reducing printing and design costs by approximately 50%
- streamlining production of printed collateral
- designing a huge number of publications under pressure – at one point something like 25 in 30 days
I managed websites here, managing the project to bring them off an ageing CMS and onto a modern platform.
- migrating those sites with no content lost
- starting two successful (open rates above 40%) email newsletters on a tight timeline
- writing, editing and delivering an annual report for two defunct organisations – a great lesson in stakeholder management!
- writing and delivering communications plans in a fast-changing and politically sensitive environment
Tourism Victoria/Department of Industry, Innovation and Regional Development – Communications officer responsible for daily ministerial media briefings, coordinating PPQs (Possible Parliamentary Questions) and other communications projects
Department of Premier and Cabinet – Media Monitoring unit – Proactively monitoring media for issues of interest to the whole of state government,